Salary: $18 to $26 per hour based on experience
Position: Full time/Part time
Number of positions: 2
Stockton Pet Hospital has a legacy of offering compassionate and comprehensive veterinary care to our family of clients. Our hospital has a proud history of almost 60 years of outstanding service to our community. We are looking for an outstanding, experienced, positive veterinary technician capable of carrying on our tradition and working with our great team.
The Ideal Applicant: Enjoys a fast pace, is highly detail oriented, enjoys teaching clients, and is a capable multi-tasker and self-starter. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Excellent client communication skills. Candidate must know and be able to communicate complex medical issues as well as preventative medical standards to clients
- Perform blood draws, place IV catheters, run in house diagnostics including CBC’s, chemistries, lateral flow assays, radiographs, and urine and fecal analysis
- Prepare samples, lab forms, and mailings for reference laboratories
- Surgical preparation, anesthetic monitoring, and recovery
- Prepare surgical packs and maintain surgical equipment
- Outstanding, compassionate care for our hospitalized patients.
- Initial evaluation of patients including vitals and collection of a thorough patient history
- Candidate must be able to work with a broad spectrum of clients
- Conform to all medical and safety protocols
- Perform proper and safe animal restraint
- Properly maintain all medical equipment.
- Fill prescriptions accurately and explain and demonstrate their use to the client
- Conduct client call backs professionally
- Audit medical charts
- Work professionally with referral practices to schedule and coordinate procedures
- Assist clients accessing community resources
- Must understand the importance of working with colleagues to integrate our services for the best medical care of the patient, the best customer service experience for the client, and the most efficient operation of the clinic
- Must have an impeccable work ethic
- Must accurately keep medical records
- Patiently mentor junior staff
Please send interest, contact information, and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in subject line VETERINARY TECHNICIAN.