Salary: $15 to $18 per hour based on experience
Position: Full time/Part time
Number of positions: 2
Stockton Pet Hospital has a legacy of offering compassionate and comprehensive veterinary care to our family of clients. Our hospital has a proud history of almost 60 years of outstanding service to our community. We are looking for an outstanding, experienced, positive receptionist capable of carrying on our tradition and working with our great team.
We are looking for compassionate customer service representatives who will treat our family of clients with care and support our growing small animal practice in Lakewood, CO. You will be responsible for directing our patients and their families to getting the best care we can offer at our clinic. At our practice, we build strong relationships with our family of clients by taking care of not just their pet, but the entire family. Your compassionate communication skills and attention to detail are critical to the success of this mission.
The Ideal Applicant: Enjoys a fast pace, is highly detail oriented, and is a capable multi-tasker and self-starter. Applicants must have excellent financial skills and be absolutely trustworthy. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Skill and Responsibilities:
- Accurately process sales transactions following established protocols
- Prompt follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to details
- Strong attention to details
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to focus in a fast-paced environment
- Accurately schedule medical and surgical appointments including specialist referrals
- Schedule boarding and grooming appointments and ensure they are current on required vaccines and preventatives for their appointments
- Answer phones and respond to electronic communications to meet the needs of the client
- Set up new client and patient medical records, including obtaining previous medical records and interpreting vaccine status and required veterinary preventative schedule
- Accurate preparation and maintenance of medical records and patient files
- Admit and discharge patients
- Fulfill over the counter sales
- Prepare mailings
- In depth familiarity with electronic medical records, computer operations, and preparation of financial reports, including end of period
- Accurately finalize financial transactions
- Prepare daily reconciliation reports and maintain accurate cash accounting records
- Professionally interact with our colleagues in the veterinary community
- Manage patient files including accurately filing, preparing, and maintaining patient records including those being audited, waiting to be called back, and pending laboratory files
- Follow established protocols
- Maintain front office and reception area including restocking of over the counter items
- Receptionists must possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills, compassion, a positive attitude, and strong organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Multitasking and ability to follow hospital protocols are essential
Skills Required: Expertise with veterinary and medical software programs. Excellent customer service skills. Accurate transaction processing. Medical record management. Follow-up and follow-through with clients and professional staff. Strong attention to details and organizational skills. Ability to focus in a fast-paced environment.
- 2 years of cash handling and customer service experience
- 1 year experience with medical software programs
- 1 year of college preferred.
Please send interest, contact information, and current resume to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: RECEPTIONIST.