Salary: $18 to $28 per hour based on experience
Position: Full time/Part time
Number of positions: 1
Stockton Pet Hospital has a legacy of offering compassionate and comprehensive veterinary care to our family of clients. Our hospital has a proud history of almost 60 years of outstanding service to our community.
We are looking for a passionate leader with excellent time management skills, complete and expedient follow-up and follow-through, strong initiative, and exceptional organizational skills. The successful candidate will be working with an experienced team of highly motivated and service oriented professionals.
Responsibilities of the Practice Manager:
- You are an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital
- You will demonstrate a strong work ethic of integrity, honestly, and dependability
- You will help create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that leads the business into the next level of growth and profitability
- You will guide the financial and strategic business development to achieve hospital profitability
- You will take charge, initiate actions, hold people accountable, take direction from the owner and practice efficient and thorough follow-through.
- You will mentor, develop and lead a mix of 10+ hourly and professional team members to excel and become a successful team focused on patient care.
- You will partner and oversee the doctor team, medical team, and client service representatives and are responsible for scheduling and leading by example
- You will develop intra-staff relationships with a command of HR-related issues and state, federal, local legal compliance of relevant employment law.
- You will be capable of and willing to work the hours necessary to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to take charge, initiate actions, hold people accountable, and delegate responsibilities in such a way to achieve positive results
- Excellent time management, follow through and organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously, giving great attention to detail
- Ability to confidently confront difficult issues with co-workers and external business contacts
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to take direction from senior leadership
- Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Skilled in the use of veterinary management software including Cornerstone, Impromed, and cloud based systems
- Skilled in MS Office Suites, Excel, Quickbooks, email applications, internet applications and the use of all reporting methods
- Ability to work closely with third party professionals in referral practices
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certification in Veterinary Practice Management preferred or equivalent experience in clinical setting
- Experience: 3-5 years of proven success in managing professionals in a rapid pace, dynamic environment either within veterinary/human medicine, hospitality, or client services industries.
- Veterans welcomed and encouraged to apply with any level of applicable education or experience
Please send interest, contact information, current resume, and three letters of reference to email@example.com. Include in subject line: PRACTICE MANAGER.