Salary: $12.60 to $16.00
Position: Full time/Part time
Number of positions: 2
Stockton Pet Hospital has a legacy of offering compassionate and comprehensive veterinary care to our family of clients. Our hospital has a proud history of almost 60 years of outstanding service to our community.
We are looking for a compassionate and trustworthy Kennel Assistant to oversee the care of boarders and hospitalized patients. Constant maintenance of a clean, organized, and sanitary environment is a must. Weekends and holidays are required. Part time and full time positions available.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain kennels and animal living areas on an hourly basis
- Clean and maintain sanitary conditions throughout the clinic facilities
- Maintain equipment
- Wash food and water bowls, maintain food stocks
- Assist with the intake of boarders and monitor the health and well-being of boarders, inform veterinary staff of any changes or health concerns.
- Follow proper safety measures, procedures, and protocols
- Assist technical staff in a cheerful and respectful manner
- Assist technical staff with blood draws, surgical preparations, post-operative care, laboratory diagnostics, and patient care
- Assist front desk staff with client care
- Manage laundry including proper care of surgical laundry
- Stock and maintain exam rooms and make sure stockroom is kept clean and organized
- Stock, clean, maintain, and organize retail areas
- Must enjoy working with dogs, cats, and birds and have 1 year experience working and caring for animals
- Able to humanely handle animals under various circumstances
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Able to lift and carry heavy bags and boxes
- Must be punctual, reliable, responsible, and absolutely trustworthy.
Please send interest, contact information, and current resume to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: KENNEL ASSISTANT